Bimmer Magazine
Performance BMW
Heavy Hitters=
Oakley

Old 10-27-2011, 06:54 PM
Newborn

Lmora is an unknown quantity at this point
Computer Chip or Re-Program E.C.U 540i 6spd

Whats up mfesters i was wondering what upgrades can be done to the computer so that i get alittle more horse power? Besides adding a Supercharger....Any one have any suggestions? thanks for your help....
Old 10-27-2011, 07:35 PM
Mfester

supkev is an unknown quantity at this point
Dinan chip? but it will be better if you have injectors headers.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:39 PM
Earning Stripes

m3luca is an unknown quantity at this point
for the 540i, powerchip tune, exhaust, and intake.

There really arent headers out for the 540i
Old 10-27-2011, 07:43 PM
Mfester

supkev is an unknown quantity at this point
supersprint?
Old 10-27-2011, 08:20 PM
Earning Stripes

Zeekster27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by supkev View Post
supersprint?
Super sprint!!!! They're almost mine hahahaha

So as far as Tuning what they do is flash your Ecu... GIAC SHARK DINAN etc depending on the Mods some you have some tunes will be better than others

Tyson Performance:

S62 5.0*SuperSprint Headers*Dinan S2*ActiveAutowerk Air ducts*AFE intake*Stage 1 Suspension*Dinan Front Tower Brace*CDV Delete*M5 LSD 3:15 "Highflow" Dual system*Magnaflow X Pipe*Magnafw 14816x 2
Stoptech Pads and SS lines Brembo Rotors

***Wish list: Recaro Profi Xl, Coilovers, ESS 560**
Old 11-01-2011, 03:31 AM
Newborn

BMW is an unknown quantity at this point
Super-Sprint cost about half of the value of a 540i. Not worth it. I can have some made for $ 800-1000 performance ones at a shop down the street, otherwise if your performance hungry go for this setup:

- 3.15 Differential (from 540i Sport AUTO) (This will launch and add lots of power through out every gear, just gain some RPM at higher speeds)
- AFE Intake
- Exhaust
- HiFlow Manifold (Found on 95 740i/540i)
- Tune (Should be the last thing, they need to tune it with these parts installed)

As for the High Flow MAF, Throttle-Body from Dinan... its all BS. Had a friend who bought those.. Dyno'd it after with 1hp gain lol than we put them on another 540i and again no gains. Money thrown in the trash. Dinan is a pile of sh!t. They use parts from other BMWs. Like their High Flow Manifold is just an 4.4 M62 (NON-VANOS) Manifold. Big Brake Kit is just Rotors, Carriers, and Calipers from 750iL. I'll never buy anything from those guys. Its all name from them.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:06 PM
Newborn

BVRNPOWERHAUS is an unknown quantity at this point
Active autowerke has a nice tune $399 just send them your DME.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:28 PM
Earning Stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW View Post
Super-Sprint cost about half of the value of a 540i. Not worth it. I can have some made for $ 800-1000 performance ones at a shop down the street, otherwise if your performance hungry go for this setup:

- 3.15 Differential (from 540i Sport AUTO) (This will launch and add lots of power through out every gear, just gain some RPM at higher speeds)
- AFE Intake
- Exhaust
- HiFlow Manifold (Found on 95 740i/540i)
- Tune (Should be the last thing, they need to tune it with these parts installed)

As for the High Flow MAF, Throttle-Body from Dinan... its all BS. Had a friend who bought those.. Dyno'd it after with 1hp gain lol than we put them on another 540i and again no gains. Money thrown in the trash. Dinan is a pile of sh!t. They use parts from other BMWs. Like their High Flow Manifold is just an 4.4 M62 (NON-VANOS) Manifold. Big Brake Kit is just Rotors, Carriers, and Calipers from 750iL. I'll never buy anything from those guys. Its all name from them.

Hahah ive heard this before... True "intake manifold " is the same pn " as non vanos
Just has the numbers sanded off and no dinan logo on it, now i had the dinan set up cai maf thtottle body intake manifold (im m62tu) and muffler with their tune and i dynoed 318hp on my 540i/6 so if you just slap on some parts with out the ecu program i do belive the 1hp. Now agreed over prices for the power gain but what other company can say you keep your warranty with modding? That was then and now for tenmoney vf enigineering s/c was the best money ever spent!!! Lol now for headers im in the market for some im cali hook me up

Tyson Performance:

S62 5.0*SuperSprint Headers*Dinan S2*ActiveAutowerk Air ducts*AFE intake*Stage 1 Suspension*Dinan Front Tower Brace*CDV Delete*M5 LSD 3:15 "Highflow" Dual system*Magnaflow X Pipe*Magnafw 14816x 2

Old 02-16-2012, 08:06 PM
Newborn

BMW is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeekster27 View Post
Hahah ive heard this before... True "intake manifold " is the same pn " as non vanos
Just has the numbers sanded off and no dinan logo on it, now i had the dinan set up cai maf thtottle body intake manifold (im m62tu) and muffler with their tune and i dynoed 318hp on my 540i/6 so if you just slap on some parts with out the ecu program i do belive the 1hp. Now agreed over prices for the power gain but what other company can say you keep your warranty with modding? That was then and now for tenmoney vf enigineering s/c was the best money ever spent!!! Lol now for headers im in the market for some im cali hook me up
Need headers? I am friends with the owner of a shop who makes custom headers. If you serious lemme know! Oh I no longer own my 540i. Sold and gone. It was a big love/hate thing which leaned more towards hate since I literally renewed that car with so many parts and yet still have me problems. All the new gaskets leaked after a few months
Old 02-17-2012, 10:14 AM
Earning Stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW View Post
Need headers? I am friends with the owner of a shop who makes custom headers. If you serious lemme know! Oh I no longer own my 540i. Sold and gone. It was a big love/hate thing which leaned more towards hate since I literally renewed that car with so many parts and yet still have me problems. All the new gaskets leaked after a few months
Im on the saaaaame boat but hes sready at the moment yeah im inteested in the headers im in socal

Tyson Performance:

Last edited by Zeekster27; 07-25-2014 at 10:23 AM.